Sunday, January 26, 2014

Prime Time Animation's Growing Numbers

Who would have guessed?

Based upon 30-day multi-platform statistics for FOX programming airing the week of December 9, 2013, six programs grew 50 percent or more from Live + Same Day viewing among total viewers, including Family Guy (+71 percent) and Sleepy Hollow (+65 percent.) ...

Ah, but they weren't the only TV cartoon shows that had growth.

TOTAL AUDIENCE (millions) -- Percentage Gains

The Simpsons -- 12.8 -- +25%
Bob's Burgers -- 8.2 -- +29%
Family Guy -- 12.6 -- +71%
American Dad -- 8.4 -- +50%

The two big horses, of course, are Family Guy and The Simpsons. But American Dad and Bob's Burgers are also holding their own.

I sometimes get asked by Simpsons crew members how long I think the show will go on. (Since I'm the resident thug of the animation guild, I obviously have great insights into the matter.) I always say the Yellow Family will go on for thirty seasons.

And I honestly believe it. Fox won't decapitate any of its golden geese before it has to.

0 comments:

Site Meter