Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Growing In the Animation Art -- An Interview with Ann Guenther -- Part 1

Ann Guenther
Ann Guenther

TAG Interview with Ann Guenther

*Click to listen in your browser. Right-Click and Save to download to your computer to listen later.

Find all TAG Interviews on the TAG website at this link

Ann Guenther began her career in animation as an inker on Sleeping Beauty ...

In those days, she was fresh from Pennsylvania, without money or contacts in the business or very much artistic training. One bright morning on the Disney lot, she encountered Walt Disney. He asked her, "What are you doing here so early?"

She answered, "I get here early every morning, Mr. Disney. I have to, because I hitchhike to work."

Ann was eighteen at the time. And Walt Disney was surprised.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hitch hiking story was classic! Doesn't that tell you a little bit about Disney's character? He didn't offer to help her in any way? Pretty hilarious. Thanks for interview-great stories!

Steve Hulett said...

Annie has amazing stories. Way more than the ones here.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to listen to this while working, but I have to keep going back and re-listen to things because I don't want to miss anything! Absolutely fascinating interview

Unknown said...

I just had lunch with Annie 3 weeks ago. I have known her for over 45 years. It is always so much fun to listen to her stories. Annie is truly one-of-a-kind!

Unknown said...

Ann is my Aunt and her determination inspires me everyday. This was such a wonderful interview and story. She's one heck of a lady and I admire her very much. My mom worked with her at Hannah Barbera for a bit and I still have her portfolio.
Love you Aunt Ann!!!

Site Meter