Thursday, November 13, 2008

At El Disney Animation Studio

An afternoon jaunt through Disney's hat building put me smack dab in the middle of a company press roll-out for Bolt.

Outside the front entrance, there were civilians rolling around in a big plastic ball and Disney staffers giving interviews ...

Inside there were lots of tables and food ... and more Disney staffers giving interviews. A corporate person told me:

"We're going to have press rolling through here for the next few days ..."

Work continues apace on Princess and the Frog, the same as before. An artist informed me:

"Management's talked about people doing a 45-hour week, and of course our supervisors have shifted to on-call. They say 'Hey, it's better than the 50-hour weeks at Pixar."

How accurate this information is about the work-week in Emeryville, I have no way of knowing. I post it here for entertainment (educational?) purposes only ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,

Have you heard if they're going to keep the Glen Keane designs for Rapunzel now that he's off as director like they did with Bolt? I hope not, as I love what Glen was planning on doing.

What say the animators about Frog?

Steve Hulett said...

Most say they like it.

Anonymous said...

Assured that Rapunzel will be a wonderful screenplay with BOLT team, and full of innovative techniques (the hair of humans or perfects humans) that will surprise us in 2010.

I hope that Rapunzel will be too dramatic and romantic... but not with humor (Dreamworks style).

Anonymous said...

I'm confused... how can Disney consider moving people to a 45-hour after they've already been brought in on a 40? And could they conceivably lay people off who refuse to switch to a mandatory 45?

Site Meter