Saturday, September 01, 2007

Universal Experience

Friday was Universal Cartoon Studios day.

The Land Before Time, after a nineteen-year run at the studio, has now shuddered. One theatrical, thirteen or fourteen direct-to-video features, and one season of half-hour shows. Finished.

Nobody there no more.

Curious George, however, is still chugging along. The CG crew is working on a direct-to-video feature (pre-production of which is scheduled to be completed at the end of September). After the feature is done, there will be a new season of half-hour episodes on PBS. They're in the script stage now, but come Octrober they'll be in the boarding and design stage.

The rest of the day was spent in the office, dripping on my computer keys, wishing the air-conditioning worked better.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: Land Before Time -- will it still have one more movie to end the saga, or was the last movie released the final one? :(

Anonymous said...

Land Before Time: The Final Chapter (this time we really mean it folks)
The Asteroid .

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I hope its good ending.

Anonymous said...

Is there the one where they finally become extinct?

Anonymous said...

My wife rented the Curios George movie for my 2 1/2 year old daughter last weekend. She loved it and I was quite surprised how much I liked it. The production quality is pretty good and the story is not that bad. So my hats off to the crew for a fine job. I think they could do well in a theater with a sequel.

Anyone here gets the itch to flame me, can e-mail me through my site..... www.chadtownsend.com

Site Meter